Sunday 8 February 2009

Chess letters. Typographical pieces



This is my first post for this new blog, Chess Images. The goal of this blog will be to upload my chess images repository into the Internet. I've been collecting pictures for quite a while and I think this is the moment to share it with other people who enjoy the physical beauty of chess. Chess pieces, diagrams, players, anything related to chess can have a place in here. Whenever Ï have a source for the image it will be provided. Feel free to comment.

I start with this set of chessmen that overcomes the problems children may have in learning the name of the pieces. In the picture we can see the Rook and the Pawn and with some difficulty the Knight, the Bishop, and the letter G for K-I-N-G. It is nice how the G creates the cross on top of the crown.

If anybody could provide background on the set, who the designer is, where to buy it, I'd really appreciate it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment